St. Joachim’s Catholic Primary School
(part of Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust)
Shipman Road, Custom House, E16 3DT
Tel: 0207 476 1658
Headteacher: James Allen
Class Teacher Required for September 2019
with possibility of TLR allowance for curriculum subject responsibility
‘This inspirational school is outstanding in every area of its work.’ ~ OFSTED
‘St. Joachim’s is an outstanding school’ situated in a vibrant and changing part of East London, with excellent travel links, close to London City Airport, the Excel Centre and Canary Wharf.
Salary: MPS/UPS Inner London/TLR possible - £31,943 to £48,244
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: 1st September 2019
Come and join our team of happy and highly motivated staff and pupils. We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring teacher, who would relish the chance to develop their career.
St. Joachim’s is a caring and friendly Catholic primary school that is on a journey of expansion to 2 forms of entry, and is part of a growing Catholic Academy Trust. We are committed to inclusive education and work as a close knit team to raise standards through a rich and creative curriculum. Have a look at our websites, which provides a good insight into the life of our school and our trust. We welcome applications from all qualified primary teachers, including NQTs who will fully support the Catholic ethos and aims of our school.
We can offer you:
- an outstanding Catholic school with motivated and enthusiastic pupils
- an excellent school ethos with strong links with the parish community
- long standing and committed leadership
- a supportive board of directors and governing body
- supportive parents
- excellent opportunities for personalised CPD
- fantastic career progression opportunities
- a comprehensive professional support network
- personal welfare package
- easy access by transport and parking available
- brand new working facilities
Our successful candidate will:
- be fully committed to our Catholic ethos
- have an enthusiasm for supporting and developing our school and curriculum
- be passionate about the education of all children
- have high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
- enjoy working in a strong team environment
- be flexible to the changing needs of the school and academy
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
For an informal chat and to arrange a visit please contact the Headteacher, James Allen on (0207 476 1658) to arrange a visit.
Closing date for application forms is Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
Interviews may be held at any stage after applications are received and therefore interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified deadline if a suitable candidate is found.
Teacher application forms can also be obtained from our school website:
www.st-joachims.newham.sch.uk/jobs or by calling or emailing the school.
Applications can be returned to the school by email: email@example.com referencing in the title Class Teacher. Applications by post or hand are also welcome.
St Joachim’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to employment checks. References will be sought and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure + Barring Service Check.